The Sumba Hospitality Foundation is always looking for energetic and passionate people who want to contribute to a better world and who identify with our core values of education, community empowerment and sustainability.
The Sumba Hospitality Foundation is always looking for energetic and passionate people who want to contribute to a better world and who identify with our core values of education, community empowerment and sustainability. By joining our team, you get a chance to use your professional knowledge to support a philanthropic initiative in a unique setting. You will be amazed at how much you will learn from our Sumbanese students and from your colleagues who come from all over the world.
We offer different roles based on your education/work experience and your availability.
- Expert visit
- Hospitality: We welcome all hospitality professionals to visit our school and share their expertise through a workshop for our staff and students
- Other: We welcome experts that can teach our students a skill that is relevant to their general development (‘life skills’)
- Roles: General or Yoga volunteer
- Job responsibility: Support English classes and student activities
- Duration: Ideally 3-6 months (min. 3 month for general volunteers, shorter duration acceptable only for yoga volunteers)
- Requirement: 18+ years old and English proficiency
- Roles: Food and Beverage, Front Office, Culinary and Spa intern
- Job responsibility: Teach students theoretical and practical classes in English on your topic and oversee the operations of the corresponding department
- Duration: 6 months
- Requirement: Minimum 2 years of higher level education in Hospitality and English proficiency
- Permanent staff
- Every ~2 years we change our permanent team of international staff (Executive director, Director of sustainability, Executive chef and English teacher)
- Contact us for enquiries about permanent job vacancies
Please reach out if you’re interested to join our fantastic team! firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest and support to the Sumba Hospitality Foundation and hope to welcome you soon!